Fusing Jewelry with Dichroic Glass
This class has been
with Shannon Kindle
Goal of this workshop
Do you love the sparkle of dichroic glass and just haven't set your self free yet? Whether you are new to fusing or an advanced fusing artist, this two day class packed with many different techniques is for you. Learn how to get the very most out of this awesome medium, whether you are a jewelry enthusiast or intend to work larger, We will set your creative ideas working.Sundance Glass has one of the largest variety of CBS (Coatings by Sandberg) Dichroic Glass available anywhere, all to our students access. We have a large selection of glass including; flat sheet glass in clear and black backed dichroics - patterned sheets - textured and textured with pattern -dichroic stringers and frit -dichroic images .Our spacious studio has an extensive line of equipment for all to use. We will demonstrate how to use wet table top and band saws, beveling and lapidary wheels for grinding , shaping, and polishing. Learn how to layer and to control colors. Come have a great time and go home with many finished pieces and lots of new knowledge.
Work with a wide variety of dichroic glass
Other workshop information
Sundance Art Glass provides:
- Basic Equipment (you can bring any of your own favorite tools if you like)
What you provide:
- Artistic Talent
- Materials - you will have the opportunity to purchase in class - it does not bother us if you bring glass you already have, but PLEASE only COE 90 glass allowed in the studio.
- Any other specialized tools - you will have the opportunity to purchase in class
What to wear and bring:
- Bringing your lunch allows you to be able to work during lunch break. Or step out for a lunch break.
- The classroom has a great heater and air conditioner, so bring any comfortable clothing.
- Closed toe footwear REQUIRED.