This kiln has
been discontinued by the manufacturer.
You can see the kilns we currently
Table Top Kilns
This kiln has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
You can see the kilns we currently carry here.
Table Top Kilns
Glass Beadmakers, Lampworkers,
PMC, Art Clay Silver, Flameworkers & Fusers
This kiln uses common available household electricity, 115 volts at 14 amps. The cost of electricity to run this kiln for one hour at half power is approximately 9 cents per hour. A dial heat control switch (ICS) is included with each kiln. A pyrometer, purchased seperately, is necessary to measure temperature if you require annealing. This bead kiln, made with insulated fire brick, can also be used for fusing glass, ceramics, copper enameling, art clay silver or many different uses. This style kiln has the unique feature of being modular and stacking. This allows you to add accessories to turn the kiln into a crucible kiln, a casting kiln or kilns for other uses! All kilns should be kept 12" from any flammable materials.
|Overall Height||Outside Dimension||Inside Height||Dimension of kiln floor||Largest kiln shelf||Volts/Amps|
|19"||14½" x 17½"||9"||6½" x 6½"||6" x 6"||120 / 14|
Why have a side door opening for a glass bead kiln?
- Comfort. Sure, one could put a mandrel into any kiln. But when you lift the lid a blast of 1000 degree heat will hit you. The unique feature (invented by us) of this bead kiln is a side door opening. This allows you to insert beads through the side without much heat discomfort.
- Safety. Sure you could place a mandrel into any kiln. But if you happen to touch one of the exposed elements with the metal mandrel you will get an electric shock. The unique feature (invented by us) of this kiln is a side door opening. This keeps the metal mandrel away from any electrical elements for safety.
- Setting up your kiln for flameworking.
- Setting up your kiln for glass fusing. (under construction)
- Kiln maintenance
|HG6B6 Kiln with Dial Control Only||Kiln With 3 Key Digital Controller and Dial Control||Kiln With 12 Key Digital Controller and Dial Control|
Don't forget you may also need a pyrometer (Temperature Gauge)
|HG6T||Top - 2 brick - with single grip wooden handle||$45|
|HG6F||Heating ring - 6½" x 6½" inside - 120 volts, 14 amps - with dial control switch||$175|
|HG6BE||Bead Extension - 6½" x 6½" inside - with a 6½" wide by 2¼"high side door opening||$75|
|HG6B3||Bottom - 9" x 13" outside - fits underneath HG6F or HG6BE||$55|
|Price if pieces sold seperate||$350|
|HG6B6||Complete Fusing Kiln - includes the above 4 parts||$290|
|Optional items for the HG6B6 Kiln|
|HGF4||Feet - Four 2" x 2" x 2" insulated fire brick blocks||$6|
|RR4||Snap on Glass Rod Rest - stainess steel - 4½" wide||$19|
|BR6||Built in Bead Rack details||$14|
|Fiber Cloth Door Covering||Included|
|HFD6||Hinged Fiber Door Cover - Optional||$24|
|PA1||Pyrometer - large face gauge - details||$59|
|2242||Pyrometer - digital - details .......Regular price $89||$79|
|5555||Controller - 3 Key Pad - Fully automatic and digital, (Pyrometer is not needed - it is built into this digital controller - details Temp Out of Stock||$300|
|DTC1000||Controller - 12 Key Pad - Fully automatic and digital, by Paragon - (Pyrometer is not needed - it is built into this digital controller) details||$395|
Built in bead rack that holds many times more beads than any other kiln the same size!
Close up view of the side opening.
Why the HG kilns are better!
- This kiln is made by HotGlass. They invented the front door brick kiln! We have evaluated the few worthy bead kilns now made and we found HotGlass to be the best quality, more features and at the best price! There is no choice or question what kiln is the best!
- These HotGlass kilns can also be used for fusing, annealing glass, enameling or ceramics. Most other bead kilns do not.
- These HotGlass kilns are priced lower than any other bead kiln on the market. Prices start under $268 for a kiln with pyrometer for reading temperature and a dial control switch for adjusting the temperature!
- The HotGlass kilns are Fiber Free for those of you who do not like to have ceramic fiber in your studio. (Some of our HotGlass kilns come with a fiber cloth door, but this cloth is not necessary and can be easily removed.)
- These HotGlass kilns have several unique
features not found in other brand bead kilns.!
- Fiber cloth door on some models. This feature is ingenious! This easy to open cloth door helps keep the heat in and wraps around any glass rods or mandrels sticking out of the kiln.
- Optional Built in bead rack for glass beadmakers. And not just a regular bead rack. This allows one to stack across and upward so three or four times as many beads can be put in these kilns each beadmaking session! This makes our kilns three to four times larger than other kilns of the same size!
- Wooden handles. Other brand kilns have metal handle lids or doors which are worthless when the kiln gets hot.