(click pictures to enlarge)
Drop Out Ring
Item # 81633
The inside of this mold has a nice rounded edge for a smoother drop through and
finished look. Place directly on kiln shelf to make a great looking plate, or raise above
the shelf with kiln posts to make a dish or a vase!
This mold measures approximately 7.1" (18cm) diameter outside and 3" (8cm) diameter
inside. Dimensions shown are the largest measurement of the actual mold, to help determine kiln space required.
these are simply the finest slumping molds we have ever found on the commercial market. Slipcast from a specially formulated clay body, they have an exceptionally smooth surface, accept kilnwash uniformly, and do not crack under repeated usage if handled properly.
Note: The measurements given here are for the outer dimensions of the molds. This is to help you determine whether a given mold will fit in your kiln. Since they are handmade, individual molds will vary in size. Never cut glass to fit until you have measured your mold.
List Price: $23.10
OUR PRICE: $16.17
1. Check sizes - Be sure double check the actual size of your mold before you
cut the glass you are slumping, as all molds are slightly variable in size.
2. Prefiring - Prefiring is recommended, especially for molds larger than 30
centimeters. Fire the kiln at 90° Fahrenheit up to 1470°
Fahrenheit with no holding time. Cool down the mold in the kiln.
3. Kiln wash - Brush or spray the kiln wash on the mold and let it dry for approximately
20 minutes in the kiln at 400° Fahrenheit. Make sure the vent holes in the mold
are open. Replace the kiln wash every 3rd or 4th firing, or when necessary.
4. When you slump your glass, place your mold on kiln posts. The distance between the
mold and the heating elements should be no less than 2-3 centimeters.
5. Ceramic molds, like glass, are susceptible to thermal shock and should not be heated
or cooled too rapidly. Special attention is advised when using sidefiring kilns.